Why I am a Cherubim & Seraphim?


Too many times I have been asked by people,colleagues at work, friends and acquaintances why I worship at the Cherubim and Seraphim Church.








The answer for me is very simple.
I believe in the church, every mode of worship and activities work for me. Also gonna be use by God
for It's REVIVAL.The hymns and songs are one crucial elements of this; I can die for some of the lyrics of some of our hymns. There is a song for every situation one is going through, hymns such as ‘Lo kede ayo na fun gbogbo aiye,
 p’omo olorun segun iku…’,
‘Eyin angeli to wa lorun, e fiyin fun baba…’,
‘N’irumi ati ji aiye, mogbo ohun itunu kan, o nso
si mi leti wipe, emi ni mase beru…….’, ‘Adupe lowo
olorun, to dawa si doni…’…and so on…and you stillask me why I attend this GREAT church;?

I was born and bred in this church, this is something I am so grateful for, a lot of people think that white garment churches connote fetishism and we all know that this is not true. I guess that the negative images on home videos do not help.The white garment simplifies purity and uniformity. A friend once told me that he married a lady who attends the C & S and he said he always come to the church but will never put on the garment.
   One day, his brother had an issue with the immigration while visiting him and his wife in the UK, he then wore the garment and prayed to God saying ‘’if God lets his brother back home safely, he will forever wear the garment and attend C&S’’, his brother called him few a few hours after that prayer that he had been released. Ever since, my friend has been attending C&S and putting on the garment. He said to me one day that we that were born into the church do not know what we have - sadly, this is mostly true.
  At times we take things for granted because we feel it’s always going to be there. The General
overseer said something in one of he’s sermons to us at the Youth Fellowship, that we need to know how our heritage started especially that of our Great church so we won’t be challenged by
outsiders about our faith/church and we will be found wanting.
 The worst use of time and life is to work hard to climb the supposed ladder of success only to find
out it is leaning against the wrong building. Hence, the main reason why we talk about heritage is because we don’t want to grow up to still be asking ‘’what am I doing in the white
garment church’?” If we are climbing the ladder of success, we don’t want to get to the top before
realizing there is success there, we ought to know it from the beginning. In the same light with the
white garment, we should know from the onset why we are and doing here as Christians.

 Regardless of what people think of the white garment, I want us as individuals to stand firm in what we believe in and not allow what others say affect our beliefs. I for one will not depart from this church, faith and personal convictions are what matter.

SERAPH MY HOPE AND PRIDE.

Comments